POPIA Foundation course:
The POPIA Foundation course introduces the objectives, principles, concepts and the terminology used in the Protection of Personal Information Act. This course will:
- Provide a basic understanding of the Protection of Personal Information Act and the Constitutional right data subjects have to privacy
- Explain the legal obligations created by the Protection of Personal Information Act
- Explain the rights of data subjects.
POPIA Professional course:
The POPIA Professional course addresses the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act to process personal information lawfully. This course will:
- Develop an understanding of the conditions for the lawful processing of personal information
- Clarify the roles and responsibilities involved in the protection of personal information
- Assist with the development of a compliance framework and monitoring system
- Ensure adequate measures and standards exists in order to comply with the conditions for the lawful processing of personal information
- Develop a process to conduct preliminary assessments
- Identify the impact of processing personal information
- Enable data subjects to assert their right to privacy
- Explore the consequences of non-compliance.
POPIA Practitioner course:
The POPIA Practitioner course will covers the translation of legal obligations into technical and organisational measures that can effectively protect the rights of data subjects. This course includes:
- Internal measures necessary together with adequate systems to process data subject requests
- Key data protection practices
- Essential data protection processes
- Safeguards to protect the rights of data subjects
- Technical and organisational measures necessary to protect the processing of personal information.
POPIA Lead Auditor course:
The POPIA Lead Auditor course will assist personnel monitor, evaluate and assess the protection of personal information. This course includes:
- Scope and purpose of an audit of the Protection of Personal Information Act
- Audit process for assessing POPI
- Appropriate audit objectives
- Assessing the development, implementation and monitoring of compliance
- Reviewing the practices implemented to fulfil the legal obligations of the Protection of Personal Information Act
- Evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organisational measures implemented to protect the processing of personal information.
Certified Personal Information Officer :
The Certified Personal Information Officer (CPIO) certification program is developed specifically for those persons who are responsible for encouraging compliance with the conditions for the lawful processing of personal information, dealing with requests made regarding the processing of personal information and working with the Information Regulator. The Certified Personal Information officer exam enables you to demonstrate your understanding and knowledge. This certification will require candidates to thoroughly understand the Protection of Personal Information Act, be able to establish a compliance framework and other enablers of data subject rights, and to be able to implement the technical and organisational measures necessary to protect the rights of data subjects.
The CPIO certification is for all individuals who design, manage and oversee an enterprise’s use of personal information. While its central focus is the protection of personal information, it will be of value to anyone with responsibility for the processing of information. This certification promotes best practices and provides executive management with assurance that those with the designation CPIO are knowledgeable about the requirements for lawfully processing personal information.